If you’re heading to a tropical beach, cross-border shopping or visiting family or friends in another province or country your full provincial healthcare plan won’t go with you. That means, if you experience a medical emergency away from home, you’ll be left to arrange for care and pay for it too.
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Covers medical costs incurred due to illness or accident including medically necessary and prescribed emergency evacuation. aid, therapies and diagnostic tests .
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: Evacuation to the home country is covered up to the medical sum insured.
- Repatriation of remains: Covers the funeral expenses or expenses of repatriating the remains back to your home country, in case of death of the insured overseas.
- Emergency Dental Expenses: Covers acute anesthetic treatment of natural teeth.
- Hospital Expenses: Pays a daily allowance as stated in the policy in the event of hospitalisation either due to sickness or accidents.
- Accidental Death: The company will pay the sum insured specified in the schedule in addition to the sum insured specified under the Personal Accident section, If the insured sustains Accidental bodily injury during the course of the journey .
- Flight delay: Compensation if the aircraft is delayed for more than 12 hours than the original scheduled departure time
Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance
Trips get cancelled, plans get changed and luggage can go missing. Taking a trip is all about planning and preparation â€“ but too often, plans can unexpectedly change. Trip cancellation and interruption insurance can help you protect your investment by helping cover pre-paid expenses, re-organizing travel plans, and recovering lost, damaged or stolen luggage.
Coverage & Services
Should you have to cancel your trip due to unexpected or unforeseen events you can protect the investment you’ve made on non-refundable pre-paid travel expenses.
If you experience unexpected travel interruptions due to a covered risk.
This coverage help cover the costs of re-booking and re-scheduling your itinerary to get you home when covered situations prevent you from returning home on your scheduled return date.
Lost, Damaged & Stolen Luggage
If your luggage or important travel documents are lost, damaged, or stolen while on your trip, this coverage can help you to find or replace them.